Tuesday, August 31, 2010

mild mannered nurse but with a secret kick ass protector side

one of the many duties I perform as a school nurse is protector. I think the real term they teach in nursing school is advocate but protector sounds more appropriate. I serve as a protector for kids. in the very short time school has been back in I have already seen a few episodes of tormenting of fellow students who are seen as different than the others. now, I work in an elementary school so yeah it starts early. I applaud the teacher who also saw the certain episode that caused me to dawn my bully crusher cape. she put a stop to the incident pronto before I could lock the clinic up and move in to snatch the miscreant up. I stood in on the action the teacher took and gave the bully the "I've got my eye on you and I will hunt you down like a dog if I even THINK you are bullying weaker kids"
I freakin hate bullies. being a chubster growing up, I was the victim of teasing. Or I was until I literally punched out the neighborhood bully. she was taunting me and I guess I just snapped and walked back to her and asked her what her deal was. she scratched my face so I just rared back and decked her. one shot and down she went. the neighborhood kids rejoiced and I wasn't victimized anymore. ever since then I have felt a duty to protect those who needed it. kind of like a superhero.
to make a long rant short... always beware of bullying. teach your kids about the dangers of it. help a person you suspect is a victim of it. bullies suck big time.

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

AR and his usual awesomeness!

the world's greatest picture

the world's greatest picture

life around here

life around here

Total Pageviews