Friday, September 23, 2011

bullies are dicks

so there I was enjoying my twitter interaction for the day when I noticed that one of the trending tags was #OnlyFatPeople. being a curious person, I went and checked it out because sometimes tags aren't what you think. this one was. it was slamming overweight people. well, after my head finished exploding and I fired off a tweet about how cyber bullies and bullies in general were douches, I went away and thought about it. it didn't do any good because I just got madder. now, if you've followed my rantings and ravings for any length of time, you know I hate a bully. that is just something that sends me over the edge into a Hulk like rage. earlier today, I witnessed a rude customer attempt to bully a store clerk and I intervened so I was pre primed to melt down over this on twitter. anyway, as I glanced through the posts to this tag I was appalled. I wanted to reach thru my MacBook and shake the bejesus out of these people with such stunted self esteem and absent sense of compassion for other humans. I could not believe how people gleefully posted all these fat people slams. how they delighted in anonymously taunting a group that already has enough problems in their day to day life without a cyber bully mob targeting them. I mean, are they that bored? do they really hate themselves that much that they have to choose a group to belittle so they can feel superior or clever for a few minutes in the Twitter soup. guess what? they just proved their suckiness and committed it to eternity. they went online and showed the world what kind of person they really were. they showed that they were a weakling. a wounded, shallow waste of good skin whose only outlet is to ridicule someone so they can grab some shred of self worth. now, I'm not just sticking up for the chubsters. I would have melted down if it had been any group targeted. however, I myself am a chubster. I've got a big butt and big boobs and a heart just as big as my ass. I invest that heart in those who don't have the confidence I have developed over the years. I champion any downtrodden or victimized group and will continue to do so as long as I have breath in my body and a wicked bad right hook and sharp tongue.
if you're a bully, turn that energy in on yourself and ask yourself what are you gaining at someone else's turmoil. ask yourself, do I really feel better destroying someone? yes you are destroying someone by taunting them or making them feel bad about themselves for what ever reason you do it. you pick on people for such things such as looks, sexuality, lifestyle or whatever reason you think you are better. how can you live with yourself knowing that? do you have the strength to ask yourself those questions? do you have the strength to look inside yourself and honestly investigate what makes you do that? more importantly, do you have the strength to change? I ask if you have the strength because it will take strength to ask those questions and do the work to change. to find something real to make you feel better about yourself. a truly epic person could do that. they could be the better person and stop that behavior. just remember that one day YOU might be on the other end and wish with all your breaking heart that the person bullying you could do the same.

4 comments:

  1. *Claps* Fantastic post, Allison! I try to hope the best for everyone, even bullies, and this is exactly what they need to be told. Thank you for such a passionate post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. no problem. Sometimes I wish I could just be someone who's being bullied's associate and deal with the twerps for them. I just freakin hate them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've inspired me. I may have to write a post about bullying next week. >:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

AR and his usual awesomeness!

the world's greatest picture

the world's greatest picture

life around here

life around here

Total Pageviews