Sunday, January 23, 2011

6 days until Warrior Dash and about 1k words until done

yep 6 days until "the craziest frickin day of my life" next saturday is the Warrior Dash. I'm running with a pal from high school and it should be a blast. if you are unfamiliar with races like this, basically it is a run combined with hellish obstacles designed to test your endurance both mentally and physically. there's barb wire, mud, climbing and fire among a few of the perils. at the end, there is free beer, a medal and a nifty hat.I AM STOKED. it looks like a giant fraternity party with running so I should have no problem. they thing that drew me to it was it's name. the WARRIOR DASH.  WARRIOR. lately I've felt warred upon so I plan on making this the angry zen warrior dash where I vent all my frustrations. if all the things that have gone wrong in the past 5 months haven't beaten me then no 3 mile run will. I know the top pic looks kind of benign but you end up looking like this.
well that after you do

so yeah it's awesome!and I'm getting excited. even more so than with triathlon! this is a whole different thing. and there was never beer at the finish line of triathlons!
in the mean time, I am closing in on the finish of my ms. about 1k words to go. like one more scene.good for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

AR and his usual awesomeness!

the world's greatest picture

the world's greatest picture

life around here

life around here

Total Pageviews