Thursday, December 24, 2009

merry christmas to all and to all a good night!



this is funny to me. I so adore Bela. anyway...I am taking a break from cooking my christmas eve meal of homemade spaghetti. not very traditional I know but Maddy's daddy is here and he loves my sauce and since he is italian, that's quite a compliment. tomorrow night is our big dinner. either way, it will be lovely because family is together again(albeit a nontraditional family).
speaking of nontraditional, I am thinking of my fictional vampire family.well not my family but Sidney's. I was thinking about how his life paraelles many stories. in a way his is a story of almost redemption. or the short vampire version. he has to change his ways to thrive and become more powerful. otherwise he would just stagnate. he has to realize that just because you are the oldest  active vampire on earth, it doesn't mean that you are perfect. he has to re embrace his role as a vampire and at the same time come to terms that vampires and people are not always what he expects or wants. this is all a tall order and I think makes him a compelling character. it's hard enough to adjust to changing times and people. imagine if you were a lonely, thousand year old vampire.
anyway, merry christmas to everyone out there!!I hope it's magical for all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

AR and his usual awesomeness!

the world's greatest picture

the world's greatest picture

life around here

life around here

Total Pageviews