Saturday, November 12, 2016

Taking my mind off my recovering foot/ankle and writing

href="http://" I wish that was how I did it. I often fantasize about what would happen if I won $150 million. Then I come back to the world of work and budgets. So since I can't "charge it" I have been working on my 3rd book in my series and doing ok. I'm just trying to get that first draft down and then I can cut and move and rewrite. To me the hardest thing is the first draft. Probably because I am a pantser. BIG TIME. My husband is a detailed outliner so when it comes time to write, he just goes through his note cards and voila! First draft. All I know about my books when I write are the characters, the opening and the end. That whole middle thing is what gets me.I mean I kinda have a rough idea of what will happen but that's it. My characters have no respect for the process and I can't tell you how many times I have ripped out LARGE sections of the manuscript with a indescribable sound from me. For this book I might have to start writing done plot lines and conflicts because sometimes I'll think of really awesome things and then my restless brain forgets it. So I'll have to become a semi-outliner. Which feels to me like trying to ride a unicycle: scary, uncomfortable and potentially dangerous. But the book needs it so I guess I'll climb up on that unicycle!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

AR and his usual awesomeness!

the world's greatest picture

the world's greatest picture

life around here

life around here

Total Pageviews