Sunday, October 14, 2012

so why aren't there flame throwers in zombie stories?

the above picture is how suspected zombies are dealt with on Spongebob Squarepants. I'm trying to develop a fondness for zombies. now I have posted about how zombies make me very nervous and post apocalyptic stories push some paranoid button in my psyche. so I am watching the Walking Dead marathon on AMC. I've already had a few issues. one of the main issues is why does no one ever have a flame thrower for a weapon? I am pretty certain that nothing survives fire. my boyfriend, who is a zombie enthusiast and author of zombie fiction informed my novice self that a flamethrower was not a good weapon and that a burning zombie chasing you would be a terrifying problem. now, from what I know from anatomy and physiology and 16 years as a nurse, I think that fire is slowing anything down, even a zombie. reality is being a buzzkill for me watching this.
as an author, I ask readers to suspend their sense of disbelief when they start reading my stories. it's part of a trust between a reader and an author. however I guess I'm not going to be able to do that with the zombies. probably because they scare something in me that I can't let go of my always planning on how I would deal with something like that. it doesn't happen with vampires or werewolves. I guess I like those paranormal creatures too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

AR and his usual awesomeness!

the world's greatest picture

the world's greatest picture

life around here

life around here

Total Pageviews