Friday, February 26, 2010

cookies and karma


today I got a lesson in karma I think. it involved money, cookies and welfare. I was at the grocery store check out line and ended up delivering a spontaneous tirade on people on welfare who probably didn't need it. then, I was interrupted by a lady behind me. I told her to mind her own business basically and told her that in my job I saw PLENTY of welfare abuse and I felt I had the right to my opinion. so as I trotted off in a sanctimonious huff, I stopped at the girl scout table where they were peddling their yummy wares. I pulled out my money, paid, thought I replaced it in my pocket(bad move I know) and left. when I discovered the money was gone, I wondered if it was karma reaching out to me over my less that charitable attitude. it seems probable. taking away money from me to make me more needy so I can better understand their POV. sigh. it was a painful experience but I guess most beneficial ones are. and I didn't even buy the kind of cookies I like best. I bought my mom's faves. dang.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

AR and his usual awesomeness!

the world's greatest picture

the world's greatest picture

life around here

life around here

Total Pageviews